PROUD SPONSOR OF DEEP ROY
TopCon: The Original Geek Expo Moves To The Kansas Expocentre: Agiculture Hall, #1 Expocentre Drive, Topeka, Kansas In 2017. So Mark Your Calendars For September 9 & 10, 2017
TOPCON GEEK EXPO 2017 IS PROUD TO WELCOME DEEP ROY
This multi-talented actor has been making his mark in films and on TV for years. From Doctor Who to Flash Gordon to Never Ending story and his much acclaimed work as all 165 Oompaloompah’s in the critically acclaimed Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Deep Roy is the type of actor who brings fantasy to life in a way that makes you always smile when you remember his characters.
Star Wars fans will know him as the body of Yoda in Empire Strikes Back and Droopy McCool in Return of the Jedi while fans of Star Trek will know him as Keenser in Star Trek and Star Trek Into Darkness. Fans of Flash Gordon will always remember him as Princess Aura’s Pet and who can forget his eerie portrayal of Mr. Sin opposite Tom Baker’s Doctor Who!?
However you recall his many unique and fun character portrayals one thing is for sure; you will not want to miss this opportunity to meet Deep Roy at TopCon Geek Expo 2017 for an experience you will always cherish.
- His given name, Gordeep, means ‘God’s Light.’
- Parents are Indian.
- There are 165 Oompa-Loompas in Tim Burton‘s Charlie and the Chocolate Factory(2005) and he plays every one of them. For this role, he had to take Pilates and dance lessons in preparations for the four musical numbers.
- Often collaborates with Tim Burton.
- A true ‘Blue Blooded’ descendant of India’s Maharajah Vinepal, 26 generations removed.
- He and Simon Pegg are the only holders of a unique science fiction trifecta, namely to appear in the “Doctor Who”, “Star Wars” and “Star Trek” series. He played Mr Sin in the 1977 Doctor Who (1963) serial “The Talons of Weng-Chiang”, Droopy McCool and Yoda in Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi (1983) and Keenser in Star Trek (2009) and Star Trek Into Darkness (2013).
- Along with George Takei, Clive Revill, Jason Wingreen, Felix Silla and Phil Fondacaro, he is one of only six actors to appear in both the “Star Wars” and “Star Trek” series. He played Droopy McCool in Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi (1983) and Keenser in Star Trek (2009) and Star Trek Into Darkness (2013).
- He played an ape in both Greystoke: The Legend of Tarzan, Lord of the Apes (1984) andPlanet of the Apes (2001).
“The most important thing is never to forget to always have love in your heart.” -Deep Roy-
TopCon Is Just Around The Corner: Do You Have Your Tickets?